Online instructor jobs are now widely available, with qualified educators and online teachers able to assist learners in many different ways. Lets discuss five reasons you may consider an online instructor job.
1. Online instructor jobs are opportunities to work as teaching a professional from home. It is a good way to supplement your existing income. Some people even use it as their main source of income.
2. Online instruction can also be an effective way for teachers, especially new educators, to acquire useful instructional practical experience. It is greatly diversified and offer you numerous niche subjects for educators to share their expertise. Online teaching jobs are a trendy
3. Online instructor jobs are for educators, not for attendance recorders and paper graders. It is a perfect part-time employment for teachers, graduate students, along with degreed professionals. It is a practical part-time occupation which is ideal for busy professionals. It is just like other jobs primarily due to the fact live and asynchronous (not live) chats permit online interactions. Online teaching jobs are highly sought after amid women, especially those who work from home.
4. Online teaching can appeal to adults, and older individuals, and is actually a fulfilling career decision. It tends to be more diverse than the majority of people understand. It is anticipated to grow considerably faster than the nationwide average for many careers by 2014. Online instructor jobs are one the most popular professions recently.
5. Online teaching jobs are getting more readily found with the rise in popularity of online degrees expanding. It can be extremely profitable in beneficial the teacher, since the starting salary can help supplement their current incomes. You will need to consider how the experience of instructing online will vary from traditional, face-to-face classrooms. It is usually custom made for the students’ need. This possibility has created a new job route for many educators. Online teaching jobs also offer opportunities to professionals with real world experience. These jobs are not just limited to teachers.
Online teaching jobs can be inspired by academic enthusiasm, however, you don’t want to squander your efforts if you are not truly educated on what online teaching jobs can offer you. Have you considered an online instructor job?
For more information on online teaching jobs check out www.howtoteachonline.com
What is a grading rubric? You may have seen one before and not known what it was.
A grading rubric is quite simply a basic chart that details the requirements of an assignment, which normally includes point distribution and grading criteria. This allows students to know exactly how and on what they are going to be graded for this particular assignment. A well-written grading rubric allows the student to know what it takes to get a good grade on their work.
While rubrics may be quite time consuming to create, they will save you time in the long run by eliminating questions about the students’ feedback. It will also result in better work being submitted by the students. I have provided a sample rubric in my book for you to use as a guide. I have found it helpful to post the grading rubric on the announcement board prior to the due date of the assignment, so there is not any confusion on what is expected of the student.
Do you use grading rubrics in your classes? Do you think they could be a helpful tool to help the students?
Thanks for your time my friend.
Like many of you, I used a PC for the most of my adult life and in college. Hoping not to age myself here, but the only real memories that I have of Apple computers were the green screened boxes that I may have used in middle school. I am sure they where good for many productive tasks, but we mainly used them for games, heck we were kids!
Another memory that I have about Macintosh computers was when I was writing my masters thesis in college and a friend of mine let me use a laptop that she called a Macbook. I was going to use this mainly as a word processor and not much more. After a week of frustration and less than a page of work completed, I graciously returned the machine.
Now, lets jump ahead to about three years ago. I had been teaching online for many years at this point and I was quite good at it. My biggest challenge I had was dealing with my computer problems. Many times, these computer issues could take up a better part of my day and I felt that I was wasting a great deal of time. I had read a number of great reviews about the new iMac and decided to give it a try. Admittedly, at first I was a bit frustrated and probably a bit stubborn. But once I got moving and was able to understand what this shiny machine could do for me, I was truly impressed.
My only real regret today is that I did not get a mac sooner. I say this because, it has changed the way I do my job. Being able to have a computer that “just works” has allowed me to get my work done in a more efficient manner and had I am sure has made me a better educator. I know that there are many skeptics out there that are not the biggest fan of Apple. I suggest taking a look at these great machines and how they can change your life. I can honestly say that my investment had more than paid for itself. With the advancements in virtual machines, you can have the best of both worlds. What are your thoughts? Are you a Mac or a PC? Are there any inherent differences that you can think of? What are the benefits? What have you experienced?
Thanks for your time friend.